Another project I spent a long time on this quarter was called The Journey, which I did the matte paintings for. Admittedly, it was not my strongest work, but I did learn a lot about the compositing for animation workflow and implementing matte paintings with other footage.
For this, I worked in Vue to maintain the CG look of the film, but even that was almost too realistic. It took a lot of Photoshop processing to cut down on details. I also worked with one other person on this as well, who ended up switching majors mid-project and leaving a lot of shots to me.
Here are a few stills from the project- personally, I don't feel like they require as much explanation, as they are far less technical and more simple composites.
Also, here's the final film if you'd like to watch it. The password is "finallydone".